IP due diligence
IP due diligence is integral part of an organization in planning for their maximization profits by avoiding costly mistakes and properly determining the value of business transactions involving IP. Our IP due diligence experts provide valuable reports for different business ventures and assist our clients in the evaluation of competitors’ IP portfolios. Our IP due diligence plan includes the following:
- Identifying and arranging key IP assets
- Developing strategy to protect and commercialize key IP assets
- Assisting in maximizing economic returns from key IP assets
- Assessing value of key IP in the cases of mergers and acquisitions
- Evaluating any potential infringement claims
- Keeping track on use of non-monetary assets and developing processes and procedures in place to invent, create and use IP rights associated with those assets.
- IP Auditing for protecting business against the unauthorized use of third party IP rights
Patent Valuation Study
Intangible assets such as patents play a large role in determining the overall value of a business and understanding the value of these assets is important and necessary in today’s intensively competitive economy. We are experienced in providing patent valuation services to a broad range of technology area. We have multi-disciplinary skills to understand various factors that impact the value of a patent such as technology type, alternate technologies, legal status, patent dependency and size of addressable market. Our skilled patent valuation team addresses all key elements that impact IP value such as patent strength index, market opportunities and estimated economic benefits.
Typically the following three points should be considered before patent valuation:
- What is the cost value after spending millions of currency for the invention
- How much is the earning after spending about 20 millions with a patent in the next 10 years. (Income value)
- Will we be able to sell the patent for 5 millions? (Market-value)
Based on these points there are three different valuation-approaches known: Cost-, income- and market-approach. Ingenious e-Brain Solutions offers all of these types as patent valuation methods.