Portfolio analysis is a systematic way to analyze the products and services that make up an association’s business portfolio. All associations (except the simplest and the smallest) are involved in more than one business. Portfolio Analysis provides an in-depth qualitative analysis of your company and that of your competitors. This analysis helps in identifying competitive strengths and weaknesses. Our studies are based on an exhaustive analysis of patent documents from around the world. All the relevant patents are analyzed and classified in a detailed manner (according to taxonomy).
Report: Our report likely includes a customized taxonomy of relevant results and recommendations along with an exhaustive patent bucket, consisting of relevant classes, and inventors; a description of the search strings used to locate the data and at the end of this study, the analysis is presented through intuitive graphs and charts. Key steps in our analysis are:
- Analyzing and categorizing patents with respect to their revenue generation potential
- Identifying key patents that are asset to the organisation and have significant market value
- Identifying strong patents that have significant market value but are no longer core to the industry’s business objectives
- Analyzing the shortlisted patents to identify potential infringers
- Developing a Patent Product Matrix which comprises of the products and devices most likely to use your IP
- Cost savings through abandonment of weak patents that do not have any market value and also are not important for industry’s business objectives
- Providing automated alerts on pending renewals, taking care of annuity payments and ensuring that all necessary actions are performed in a timely manner
Graphical Representation: Information is represented using a combination of graphs, pie-charts, bubble charts and 2-D and 3-D charts.