Patent alert and watch is an efficient monitoring and tracking system of both published patent applications and issued patents. These services assist clients in looking for patents of their interest that have been abandoned/ rejected/ expired and freely using them without any legal threat.
Patent alert and patent watch searches are tailor-made to suit clients requirements. Typically, these services are conducted on a systematic basis (weekly/ biweekly/ monthly/ quarterly), and are classified as the following two types:
Technical Patent Watch
- Monitoring newly published patent applications in a technical area of interest as soon as they are published
- Monitoring latest prosecution status of pending patent applications in a technical area of interest
- Monitoring latest legal status/continuation applications of granted patents in a technical area of interest
Competitor Patent Watch
- Monitoring newly published patent applications of competitor companies and/or inventors as soon as they are published
- Monitoring latest prosecution status of pending patent applications of competitor companies and/or inventors
- Monitoring latest legal status/continuation applications of granted patents of competitor companies and/or inventors
Patent Marking Review and Patent Watch
35 U.S.C. § 292 prohibits any false marking of a product with the words “patent applied for,” “patent pending,” or any word importing that an application for patent has been made, when no application for patent has been made, or if made, is not pending, for the purpose of deceiving the public. Non compliance of the above requirement may result in huge monetary damages. We support our clients by providing an effective means for managing the risk of false marking. Our patent marking watch services alerts notify our clients regarding patent marking changes of products of their interest. Our patent expiration alerts provide alert based on patent expiration dates thereby informing our clients regarding upcoming marking-related issues.